Cupertino strikes again: Next Apple iPhone might have fingerprint sensor on screen
Apple, makers of the Apple iPhone and iPad, seems to have found a way to attach a fingerprint sensor on a touchscreen judging by recent patent filings by the company.
The phone maker’s current flagship smartphone, the Apple iPhone 6, uses a fingerprint mechanism called Touch ID which is cited on the phone’s home button under the screen. Apple’s next iPhone 6S or iPhone 7 might have found a way to cultivate the hardware into the phone’s touchscreen rather than on a designated surface and that’s the reason why Apple recently registered a couple of patents relating to this.
Demonstrations of the patent seems to include a tablet and it looks likely that Apple will extend the mix towards the iPad when the technology breaks cover in the future. With this, smartphones might be saying goodbye to home buttons real soon as Google added the feature to unlock smartphones by double-tapping the phone screen on Android 5.0 Lollipop OS devices, making the home button a less important key.
Invest BTC and get 30%
Get free IDH TOKENS when you register now
You may also like
Infinix Challenger, LEAGOO, Enters Nigeria on Jumia
LEAGOO T5c Global Reservation: $1.99 Crazy Deal!
LEAGOO S8 Pro Presale – 5.99 inch Full Screen, P25, 6GB RAM, only $249.99 now!
Save 50% to Snap LEAGOO S8 and LEAGOO S8 Pro During Global Pre-sale
China-bound version of 2017 Samsung Galaxy J7 to pack two back camera sensors
- Cupertino strikes again: Next Apple iPhone might have fingerprint sensor on screen
- Top 5 consumer pick smartphones for last week
- Samsung Verizon Windows Ativ Odyssey I930/SCH-I930
- 7-inch Samsung SM-T2558 ‘phoneblet’ leaks first press shots
- iPhone 5s priced down in anticipation of the iPhone 6
- Oppo R9s has now gotten a certification from 3C, release date supposed soon.