Delta Airlines purchase 11,000 Microsoft Surface 2 tablets for pilots
Delta Airlines have followed suit of what American Airlines did by buying 11,000 units of Microsoft Surface 2 tablets for it’s pilots. The airline said the move will save 7.5 million sheets of paper, 1.2 million gallons of fuel and lower carbon emissions by 26 million pounds annually.
American Airlines and UAL have earlier given some of their pilots Apple iPad tablets pre-installed with some FAA-approved apps.
Delta Airlines said the Microsoft Surface 2 tablet computers will replace the ‘large bags’ carried by airline pilots that typically contain paper maps, briefing documents and other important in-flight paperwork required by pilots. These bags weigh 38 pounds each.
You may also like
LEAGOO S8 Pro Presale – 5.99 inch Full Screen, P25, 6GB RAM, only $249.99 now!
Save 50% to Snap LEAGOO S8 and LEAGOO S8 Pro During Global Pre-sale
China-bound version of 2017 Samsung Galaxy J7 to pack two back camera sensors
ZTE’s new phone modelled ZTE V0840 appears in certification & bechmark website
Anxiety mounts over MMM Nigeria “payday” 14 January 2017
- Delta Airlines purchase 11,000 Microsoft Surface 2 tablets for pilots
- LTE-enabled Microsoft Surface 2 tablet goes up for $679
- Overcrowded Samsung Milk Music To Be Shutdown
- Google Pixel lasts up to an hour underwater despite only IP57 rating
- HTC Desire 310 goes official
- Huawei Honor 5X
- The iPhone 6 16GB can be upgraded to 64GB and 128GB in China