Drama unfolds as Brazil bans WhatsApp
A Brazilian high court has impeached the use of WhatsApp in the country following refusal of the social networking app to work with the government following a particular child porn case. WhatsApp failed to offer co-operation with the government even when there were instances of “sexually graphic photos of children on the app,” the court said.
Since WhatsApp doesn’t have an office in Brazil, Judge Luiz de Moura Correia filed the notice to SindiTelebrasil, an organization that represents Brazilian carriers even though the latter warns of an impending loss to personal and business user of the app.
An appeal has been filed against the ruling so WhatsApp is still working for the time being.
Invest BTC and get 30%
Get free IDH TOKENS when you register now
You may also like
Infinix Challenger, LEAGOO, Enters Nigeria on Jumia
LEAGOO T5c Global Reservation: $1.99 Crazy Deal!
LEAGOO S8 Pro Presale – 5.99 inch Full Screen, P25, 6GB RAM, only $249.99 now!
Save 50% to Snap LEAGOO S8 and LEAGOO S8 Pro During Global Pre-sale
China-bound version of 2017 Samsung Galaxy J7 to pack two back camera sensors
- Drama unfolds as Brazil bans WhatsApp
- Samsung Fingers, last year’s April fools joke, might come to reality soon
- InnJoo Fire
- Mark Zuckerberg Expresses His Support With Apple’s Encryption Fight
- BB Priv already in great demands as new orders start shipping 23rd November
- CoolPad Launches The CoolPad M7 With 4GB RAM