Foxconn set to begin producing Xiaomi devices in Brazil
Shortly after launching their devices in Latin America — Brazil to be precise, Chinese smartphone company Xiaomi will soon port some of their production to the region after Foxconn is said to be considering setting a production plant there.
The Brazilian government has imposed heavy tax rates on finished products imported into the country in order to encourage local manufacturing. On the other hand, Foxconn, who manufactures iPhones for Apple as well as smartphones for Xiaomi in China, will set up some facilities in the country in order to keep the sheets balanced.
Asus, another Asian phone maker who outsources devices from Foxconn, is reportedly going to penetrate the Brazilian market soon. This leaves us with more reason as for why Foxconn wants to get nearer to the country.
You may also like
- Foxconn set to begin producing Xiaomi devices in Brazil
- Mozilla and Foxconn set to announce Mozilla OS-powered device in June
- Oppo To Set Up Device Manufacturing In Noida This August
- Apple iPhone 6s, 6s Plus enter production, set to break cover in Q3
- Foxconn confirms iPhone 6s will pack 12MP camera, 2GB RAM