Gartner: Apple tops Samsung in smartphone sales
For the first time since 2011, Apple Inc. has risen above Samsung Electronics in number of smartphones sold in one quarter. According to numbers firm, Gartner, the Cupertino tech giant pushed more iPhones than Samsung did with Galaxys during the fourth quarter of 2014, echoing what Counterpoint Research announced not long ago.
Though Apple smartphone sales gap Samsung’s by a very thin margin in the spreadsheet, it’s mind-boggling to know that during the same quarter in 2013, Apple sold 50 million smartphones compared to the 74 million in 2014 — a 20 % gain.
Why are these numbers so?
With Apple releasing the iPhone 6 alongside the company’s first phablet smartphone, the iPhone 6 Plus, the outfit achieved record sales as they went on to capture new user demographics and new markets. Meanwhile, Samsung’s flagship Galaxy S5 plummeted into the obvious when users realized it wasn’t much of an upgrade from 2013’s Galaxy S4.
Invest BTC and get 30%
Get free IDH TOKENS when you register now
You may also like
Infinix Challenger, LEAGOO, Enters Nigeria on Jumia
LEAGOO T5c Global Reservation: $1.99 Crazy Deal!
LEAGOO S8 Pro Presale – 5.99 inch Full Screen, P25, 6GB RAM, only $249.99 now!
Save 50% to Snap LEAGOO S8 and LEAGOO S8 Pro During Global Pre-sale
China-bound version of 2017 Samsung Galaxy J7 to pack two back camera sensors
- Gartner: Apple tops Samsung in smartphone sales
- More metal smartphones and deeper displays on the way — Samsung
- Samsung rolls out new updates to Note 5 users in India
- Oppo Electronics quietly launches Oppo 3000 midranger with 4.7″ HD touchscreen
- Micromax Canvas C4+ listed online for $277
- LG launches the LG U in home country, packs 2GB of RAM and 32GB internal space
- Honor 8 smartphone set to launch in India today