Gionee okays phone production in India, awaits government approval
Chinese phone maker Gionee has announced it’s plans of making devices on Indian soil but has complained of delayed government approval as hindrance to the plan.
“It depends at what stage the government plans to facilitate manufacturing, as far as we are concerned, we are ready at every stage,” general manager of Gionee Inida, Arvind R Vohra said.
“It depends on the (government) policy, we are ready to manufacture in India,” President of the company, William Lu said in Shenzhen, China.
Gionee is the producer of two of the world’s thinnest smartphones namely Gionee Elife S5.5 and Gionee Elife S5.1. The tech outfit usually manufactures device in China and sells in foreign markets like India and Nigeria.
Invest in Demicoin ICO now - $0.25 current price
You may also like
Lenovo releases Marshmallow update calendar for its smartphones
Huawei India launches the 5.5-inch G7 Plus with 13MP camera and fingerprint scanner
OnePlus X up for sale via Amazon in India
Intex Aqua Q7 with 3G support goes official sporting a 4.5″ FWVGA screen
Moto G Turbo unvieled in Mexico, to be available November 13
- Gionee okays phone production in India, awaits government approval
- Bangalore, India, is the destination of first Xiaomi R&D center outside of China
- Samsung Galaxy J
- Samsung Galaxy Note will soon arrive India in time for Diwali
- HTC One E9+: 5 Reasons Why You Should Buy This HTC flasghip
- Cortana could be changed into a man in upcoming Windows update
- Olympus New Air A01 brings high quality detachable camera to smartphones