Google Confirms Android 8’s Official Release Date
Tech company, Google, has finally confirmed the official release date of the much-expected Android 8 Operating System for August 21.
The confirmation comes just days after rumors surfaced online indicating that the tech company was planning a major release of the OS before the month ends.
According to the tech company in its revelation, it promises that fans and users of the Android OS will “meet the next release of Android and all of its super (sweet) new powers” on August 21.
It is however important to note that Google chose the date for a specific reason as the same August 21 is expected to witness a total solar eclipse.
The tech company will be unveiling the latest Android 8 at an event in New York City and it will thankfully be livestreamed by the company to millions of its fans and tech lovers all around the world.
The Android 8.0 is expected to come with the code name ‘Oreo’ in line with the desserts which the tech company has followed since the days of Jelly bean, KitKat, Lillipop, Marshmallow and Nougat.
You may also like
- Google Confirms Android 8’s Official Release Date
- Google confirms the “Halo” issue with Pixel cameras, promises a fix soon
- Google confirms IP53 rating on both the Pixel and Pixel XL
- Google confirms that the Pixel Launcher won’t make it to other Nexus devices
- Google confirms total ditching of the Nexus name, removes 2015 Nexus from its listings