HTC Desire Eye announced with 13MP selfie camera
There you go, people of the world. HTC has just signed up to ramp up the selfie-taking frenzy that has taken the world by storm by introducing this smartphone which is tagged the HTC Desire Eye.
The HTC Desire Eye is 5.2″ (Full HD resolution) device that comes equipped with a front camera that screams 13 megapixels. The selfie camera — which usually stay below 2MP in most phones — has a dual-tone LED flash by it’s side in case you are taking a picture of yourself in a dark place.
Other things the Desire Eye has apart from a front-facing camera is another 13MP camera, this one is situated at the back of the phone and sided by a two camera lights also.
Powering the HTC Desire Eye is a Snapdragon 801 processor by Qualcomm. A 2.3GHz quad-core as well as 2GB of RAM helps steam the engine. The phone is supplied current by a 2400mAh non-removable battery.
On the software side, the smartphone runs on Android 4.4 KitKat, carefully topped with HTC’s Sense 6 user interface. The phone supports NFC, LTE and a bunch of advanced Wi-Fi features.
Pricing and availability
HTC failed to announce price plans for the Desire Eye though the Taiwanese phone maker confirmed the device will be coming to the States via AT&T. Availability for other places weren’t mentioned but expect to hear that from us once the information is relayed.
You may also like
- HTC selling the HTC 10 with a freebie package of either HTC Desire 626/ 626s, Desire 530 or a camera
- DailySteals offering the HTC Desire 826 for a massive $100 off
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle also visits the benchmark, leaks specs
- New, clearer images of the HTC Desire 10 Pro and Lifestyle leaks
- HTC Desire 10 to have two variants – the Pro and Lifestyle