Huawei’s Kirin 970 chipset announced with on-device AI capabilities
Huawei is not playing in the market when it comes to tech rollout in 2017 as the tech company has pulled the covers off the Kirin 970 processor which comes with AI capabilities and the Huawei neural processing unit, NPU.
The latest chipset comes packing an octa-core processor with 4×2.4GHz Cortex-A73 and 4×1.8GHz Cortex-A53 cores paired with a 12-core Mali-G72MP12 GPU for graphics.
The latest chipset is built on the 10nm process and contains some 5.5 billion transistors on a single square centimeter.
The tech company touts the latest processor to come with 25 times more performance upgrade and 50 times greater efficiency when compared to the typical quad-core Cortex-A73 CPU.
The chipset also supports connectivity options to include the 4.5G Cat. 18 LTE which offers downloads at a speed estimated at 1.3GBps and is expected to make an official entry into the market on the Huawei Mate 10 which will be unveiled on October 16 which is just some weeks away.
You may also like
- Trump asks US allies to ban Huawei after blacklisting Chinese company from US government institutions
- TENAA listing shows off three new Huawei phones with 18:9 screens
- Vodafone Spain leaks Huawei P20 Lite details
- Huawei P20 Pro’s name confirmed
- Huawei MediaPad M5 with 8.4-inch, 10.8-inch variants unveiled