Hugo Barra brings Xiaomi Redmi 1s to India today
Ex Android wiz-kid and current chief at one of the fastest growing tech companies out there, Hugo Barra, will be live in India today to present the Xiaomi Redmi 1s.
Barra will be live to talk about how awesome Xiaomi and Android are, and may
frustrated customers will likely interrogate him on why Xiaomi is being evil by denying customers their right to purchase. On a more serious note, Barra would take a few touches on Xioami’s new iOS-like UI that was unveiled last week.
The Xiaomi Redmi 1s, alongside the Xiaomi Mi 3 and the Redmi Note were announced in India but only the Mi 3 has gone on sale since, and had enjoyed a steady run-in of good sales during the past few weeks.
Xiaomi had earlier said that the Redmi 1s will be sold for 6,999 rupees. The device will likely be sold online at Flipkart just like the Mi 3 even as the company is considering selling products on it’s own e-commerce platform soon.
You may also like
Apps developers made a fortune from iPhone users during Black Friday
Samsung’s foldable display been stolen & sold to third party for $14m
The next Samsung Galaxy S10 could be designed exactly like this
Trump asks US allies to ban Huawei after blacklisting Chinese company from US government institutions
Panic at Apple after iPhone Xs didn’t sell quite as much as manufacturer wanted – Source
- Brazil is our next market, India is hugely demanding; Xiaomi’s Hugo Barra speaks out
- Hugo Barra brings Xiaomi Redmi 1s to India today
- Android executive Hugo Barra quits position to join Chinese phone manufacturer Xiaomi
- Copycat who? Check our new products and talk again — Xiaomi
- Xiaomi’s Indonesian and Brazilian dream is delayed by “painful device-certification process”