IDC: Smartphone shipments on record high
IDC has released it’s numbers for mobile phones in the Quarter 3 of 2013, a quater which saw smartphone shipments grow to 467.9, smashing a previous record set in Q2 2012. The quater also saw a 5.7% year on year growth for mobile phones generally.
Samsung, Nokia, Apple, Huawei, stole the show with 52.4% of the 2013 Q3 market share, leaving others to scramble for pieces of the remaining 47.6%.
Smartphone sales were equally dominated by a top 5, another group of five though. Samsung, the regular suspect stole the show with 24.7% of the 258.4 total smartphones shipped in the quarter, Apple came second with 33.8 units or 13.1% while , Huawei, Lenovo and LG came third, fourth and fifth with 4.8%, 4.7% and 4.6% respectively.The rest of the smartphone players (including Nokia, Motorola, HTC, Sony, etc) were left to scamper with the remaining 41.3% of the smartphone market share in 2013 Quarter 3.
Invest in Demicoin ICO now - $0.25 current price
You may also like
LEAGOO T5c Global Reservation: $1.99 Crazy Deal!
LEAGOO S8 Pro Presale – 5.99 inch Full Screen, P25, 6GB RAM, only $249.99 now!
Save 50% to Snap LEAGOO S8 and LEAGOO S8 Pro During Global Pre-sale
China-bound version of 2017 Samsung Galaxy J7 to pack two back camera sensors
ZTE’s new phone modelled ZTE V0840 appears in certification & bechmark website
- IDC: Smartphone shipments on record high
- IDC: Samsung smartphone fortunes are dwindling
- Apple gave Apple TV a facelift with new tvOS
- Nokia 6, Nokia 5, Nokia 3 to get Android 8.0 Oreo update later in 2017
- Nokia Store brings Lumia 530 to India at 7,349 rupees
- Gionee’s super thin Elife S7 leaks out in looking classy
- Pakistan blocks BlackBerry servers because emails ‘could not be tracked or decoded’