INR 6,599-priced Xolo One confirmed to be getting Android 5 Lollipop
By now, you must have heard of Google’s latest Android software, the Android 5.0 aka Lollipop OS. If you are looking to buy a smartphone that will support the new platform, you might want to consider the One, a INR 6,599 ($105) smartphone from India-based OEM, Xolo.
Forget it’s name, the Xolo One isn’t part of the Google Android One project despite being very affordable and promisingly up to date. The phone runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat out of the box but the producer says Android 5.0 will start seeding as an OTA update on the device real soon.
Hardware for the Xolo One might not sound too hefty but hey, it’s a $105 smartphone not a 2014 sports car. OK, the specs include a 4.5″ FWVGA display, 1GB of RAM and a MediaTek MT6582 processor.
The phone uses an expandable storage with preloaded capacity of 8GB. There’s a 1,700mAh removable battery unit for power supply and finally, the phone supports 2G and 3GB connectivity on either of it”s two SIM slots.
You may also like
Apps developers made a fortune from iPhone users during Black Friday
Samsung’s foldable display been stolen & sold to third party for $14m
The next Samsung Galaxy S10 could be designed exactly like this
Trump asks US allies to ban Huawei after blacklisting Chinese company from US government institutions
Panic at Apple after iPhone Xs didn’t sell quite as much as manufacturer wanted – Source
- INR 6,599-priced Xolo One confirmed to be getting Android 5 Lollipop
- Two ZTE smartphones spotted on TENAA with large batteries
- Borrowing airtime from Glo using “Borrow me credit”
- Apple, Google, Instagram lead list of “Most Innovative Companies”
- Sony Xperia X now selling for less than $390 in the United States
- Yippee! Start button is coming to Windows 8.1