iOS 8 now on 75 % of Apple mobile devices
Apple, during the weekend, announced that iOS 8 is now running on 75 % of all active iOS devices. The announcement of this milestone comes a few weeks after the iPhone maker released iOS 8.3 beta to developers while planning to release iOS 8.2 to consumers generally in the next coming weeks.
Apple says that iOS 8 is running on a great majority of its mobile devices (iPhones, iPods, iPads) while 22 % of these gadgets are still running the older iOS 7. A negligible 2 % of the devices are running on very much older iOS versions.
In comparison to Google’s Android 5.0 Lollipop which was released in less than a month after iOS 8 broke cover in September 2014, the latter dwarfs Google’s mobile platform in adoption rate as less than 2 % of Android devices run on Lollipop.
You may also like
- You can now jailbreak iOS 8.4 like a boss
- Apple iOS 8.4: Counting of profits and losses continue as Home Sharing gets axed
- iOS 8.4 also brought iBooks and music player update, bug fixes
- Apple Music and Beats 1 radio arrive with iOS 8.4
- iOS 8.4 scheduled to arrive Tuesday morning with Beats 1 online radio