iPhone 6 to pack NFC hardware for wireless charging and mobile payments
Remember when Apple introduced AirDrop (Wi-Fi Direct) on their iOS and poked fun at NFC-enabled Smaung products for having users bump their phones together hen sharing files? Well, Apple is eating it’s own words if this report turns out to be true.
The Cupertino outfit is including NFC in their upcoming iPhone 6, reports say. Even though the hardware’s priority is to enable wireless charging for the iPhone 6, Apple might decide as well to allow file sending through the compatibility.
The NFC is a powerful mobile payment system in many countries. Countries like Japan don’t joke around with NFC. Most of the ATMs in Japan accept payments and authorize withdrawals by placing your cell phone’s NFC blaster on the machine.
And that sums up why Apple doesn’t want to be left out in th NFC frenzy.
You may also like
Apps developers made a fortune from iPhone users during Black Friday
Samsung’s foldable display been stolen & sold to third party for $14m
The next Samsung Galaxy S10 could be designed exactly like this
Trump asks US allies to ban Huawei after blacklisting Chinese company from US government institutions
Panic at Apple after iPhone Xs didn’t sell quite as much as manufacturer wanted – Source
- Another iPhone 6 Plus unit explodes, owner not harmed this time
- New smartphone explosion recorded on the iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple adds iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone SE to exchange program
- iPhone 6 lineup proves to be the best selling Apple smartphone
- Deal: Refurbished iPhone 6 models going for a cent less than $300