Leak: The iPhone 7 won’t have IP68 rating but be more waterproof than the iPhone 6S
If you have been nursing the plans of having an iP68 rating on the upcoming iPhone 7 device so that you would be able to shower and use your phone or take some underwater shots in the swimming pool, a new post on Weibo which contains packed details about the iPhone 7 seems to suggest that you should start thinking otherwise.
From the information page, it is revealed that a capacitive home button would be used on the iPhone 7, making it better secure for water situations than the iPhone 6s was but still, not making it in any way near as safe as the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge are which can stay in as deep as 5 feet down water for 30 minutes.
The capacitive home button is a confirmation of one of the rumors floated last week and with the electromagnetic technology, you won’t feel anything is missing as it would just still feel as though you are handling a physical button.
A new colour variant, the Space Black, was also confirmed on this leak alongside the possibility of a larger rear camera.
Invest in Demicoin ICO now - $0.25 current price
You may also like
HMD Global confirms VoLTE support for Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 units
Google Play services turns 5 today!
Huawei P10 series show up in Netherlands under a number of carriers
ZTE Blade V8 goes on for sale in China, but there is a beautiful twist
Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus have been confirmed for Germany, but you cant have it yet
- Leak: The iPhone 7 won’t have IP68 rating but be more waterproof than the iPhone 6S
- Leak: iPhone 8 to have glass panel, iPhone 7s keeps aluminium
- Leak: Nokia to release three new units at MWC 2017, might include a feature phone
- Leak: Samsung looking to disconnect the Note 7 units in the United States
- LG V20 Leak: Pricing and availability on the T-Mobile network outed