Man Dies After Being Served Detergent Instead of Wine
An accident happened in a café in Spain that resulted in one man’s death.
Andres Lorente, 50 year old male, visited a café in Spain on Sunday afternoon. He ordered a glass of white wine but was killed by what was served to him instead. It appears that he was served, by the waiter, an industrial cleaner instead of white wine that he had ordered. This mistake occurred because the dishwasher detergent was poured in an empty wine bottle and was put inside the fridge. The detergent was colorless and odorless so neither the waiter nor Andres Lorente realized that it wasn’t wine in the bottle.
Andres Lorente was a divorced man, and a father of two children. He collapsed after taking a small sip from his glass. He was rushed from the café to a local health centre, but then transferred to a hospital in Vinaros because his condition worsened. He died before he could be transferred again to a specialist centre in Castellon because he required special care. That one sip of liquid detergent did a lot of damage to his internal organs. He died of internal burns to his windpipe, stomach and throat.
Police have already arrested the café owner and have charged him with manslaughter. He was questioned and released after his bail had been paid. The café is closed for now. Both the bottle and the glass had been taken by the police for investigation.
Invest BTC and get 30%
Get free IDH TOKENS when you register now