More metal smartphones and deeper displays on the way — Samsung
Just 15 days after announcing the company’s latest flagship smartphone– the Samsung Galaxy S6, with body all made of aluminum metal — Samsung Mobile, through the mouth of CEO JK Shin outed the company’s plans of releasing more “premium material” handsets and high-resolution displays.
Shin who spoke at Samsung’s shareholder meeting in South Korea during the weekend said that Samsung is looking strengthen its ground as the top smartphone company following loss of large chunks of market share to rivals like Apple and Xiaomi.
“Samsung Electronics aims to consolidate its leadership in the premium market and plans to newly change the smartphone lineup to strengthen competitiveness,” CEO JK Shin explained.
Information recently released by research firm Gartner shows that Samsung has lost top spot to Apple for the first time since 3 years.
Invest BTC and get 30%
Get free IDH TOKENS when you register now
You may also like
Lenovo releases Marshmallow update calendar for its smartphones
Huawei India launches the 5.5-inch G7 Plus with 13MP camera and fingerprint scanner
OnePlus X up for sale via Amazon in India
Intex Aqua Q7 with 3G support goes official sporting a 4.5″ FWVGA screen
Moto G Turbo unvieled in Mexico, to be available November 13
- More metal smartphones and deeper displays on the way — Samsung
- LG’s G5 Device Teardown Reveals More Plastic Than Metal
- Meizu Blue Charm Metal promises so much more for so much less
- Two more variants of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A spotted on certification website
- January-bound ZTE Blade V8 leaks out of Russia, to carry dual camera setup, fingerprint scanner and more