Motorola Moto G5 Plus packs quite a punch for a mid-range unit
On the back of the announcement of the Moto G5 by Lenovo was also the introduction of the Moto G5 Plus, and we expect this to be more interesting to us than its brother was. Last year, only the Plus variant of the Moto G4 had a fingerprint sensor and that was the main feature that it stood out with. Give that the same sensor has been equipped on the ordinary Moto G5, it remains to see what new feature this Plus variant has to outshine its brother.
First, the display on this one is higher at 5.2 inches instead and at the helm is the snapdragon 625 chipset. The processor is an octa core unit which is maxxed out at a clock speed of 2GHz. The G5 Plus is offered in a number of RAM and storage configurations, and that is even good news for those that would love to get one. For example, we have a 2GB and 4GB RAM option, and the storage could be either 32GB or 64GB on both units, all being expandable.
Finally, the G5 Plus stuns with a dual 12MP camera setup on the back which supports 4K recording also. The 5MP shooter on the front has been retained, but a bigger 3000mAh juice pack has been provided.
Like its brother, this one also runs the Nougat from the box, and would be made available in markets such as Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific and North America.
You may also like
HMD Global confirms VoLTE support for Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 units
Google Play services turns 5 today!
Huawei P10 series show up in Netherlands under a number of carriers
ZTE Blade V8 goes on for sale in China, but there is a beautiful twist
Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus have been confirmed for Germany, but you cant have it yet
- Motorola Moto G5 Plus packs quite a punch for a mid-range unit
- Availability information for the Motorola Moto G5 units promises the Russian market, complete with pricing information
- Lenovo launches the Motorola Moto G5 amidst much fanfare, graces the mid-range market
- Retail materials for Motorola Moto G5 leaks online, gives insight into the package
- Benchmark test confirms specs on Xiaomi Mi 5c, Huawei P10 and Motorola Moto G5