My Samsung Galaxy SIII exploded, literally
Looks like someone had a scary night. A Reddit user with username ‘vizionx1208’ has posted a scary blog post on how his charging Samsung Galaxy SIII exploded on his bed while he was asleep.
He said he was asleep when he was woken by a loud noise followed by burning smell coming out from his SIII. He put the smoke out pouring a glass of water on what was left of the phone.
According to the post, the guy didn’t sustain any serious injury save for a ‘some of the plastic’of his phone was ‘melting and kind of shooting out of it’ and accidentally hit one of his fingers.
The scarier part of the story is that he said ‘Everything was stock/Samsung that I had received when I purchased my phone. Stock battery, charger, etc. Additionally, my phone was NOT rooted.’ This means the hazard wasn’t caused by a fake accessory as many may have thought at first.
However, ‘vizionx1208’ did not say if his Galaxy SIII had ever been opened or taken to an engineer before the incident though it seems unlikely because he mentioned everything in the phone was stock. Furthermore, everything about this story should be taken with a pinch of salt until lay hands on official confirmation from Samsung on the incident.
You may also like
Apps developers made a fortune from iPhone users during Black Friday
Samsung’s foldable display been stolen & sold to third party for $14m
The next Samsung Galaxy S10 could be designed exactly like this
Trump asks US allies to ban Huawei after blacklisting Chinese company from US government institutions
Panic at Apple after iPhone Xs didn’t sell quite as much as manufacturer wanted – Source