New update to the HTC Nexus 9 bumps it to the Nougat, brings Sept. security patch on board
As of last month, Google already announced that the Nexus 6 from Motorola and LTE Nexus 9 would both be getting the update to the Nougat 7.0 in a few weeks and while they have already started to roll out the factory images and OTA updates that would take the former device to the new level of dessert, that of the Nexus 9 is just coming but then, better late than never right?
The good news here is that the device which was manufactured by then by HTC, the first company to make a Nexus for Google, would also be getting a push to the latest flavour of Android.
From this update, it has been seen that the build version would be taken to NRD90R on the smartphone and alongside the Nougat push is also the September security update for the device. After the update, you would see your security level change to the 6th of September.
This is somewhat a downgrade on what the Nexus 6 got some hours ago because the users of that one got the security patch that was set at the 5th of October instead.
For totality of information, know that the factory images and OTA rollouts are yet to be available from the parent company, Google.
You may also like
HMD Global confirms VoLTE support for Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 units
Google Play services turns 5 today!
Huawei P10 series show up in Netherlands under a number of carriers
ZTE Blade V8 goes on for sale in China, but there is a beautiful twist
Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus have been confirmed for Germany, but you cant have it yet
- Honor 9 Lite’s new update brings Face Unlock feature
- Samsung Galaxy S8, S8 Plus and Galaxy A8+ (2018) getting new updates
- LeEco pushes out new update to the Le S3 and Le Pro 3 units, improves app drawer, camera, sensors, et al
- Kyocera DuraForce Pro on the Verizon network starts getting new update
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime starts getting new update, brings on board the latest security patch