Nokia end updates for Symbian and Meego apps
Nokia in a final stab of death, has announced it will stop accepting new apps and updates for Symbian and Meego into the Ovi Store.
If you have Symbian and MeeGo content in the Nokia Store, it will continue to be available for download to customers, and you will continue to receive download and revenue reports as well as payouts for downloaded content. However, starting January 1, 2014, you will no longer be able to publish any new content or update existing content for Symbian and MeeGo.
The move did not come as a surprise as Microsoft’s acquisition of Nokia spelt doom for Symbian and opened the way for Windows-only operations in Nokia.
You may also like
LEAGOO T5c Global Reservation: $1.99 Crazy Deal!
LEAGOO S8 Pro Presale – 5.99 inch Full Screen, P25, 6GB RAM, only $249.99 now!
Save 50% to Snap LEAGOO S8 and LEAGOO S8 Pro During Global Pre-sale
China-bound version of 2017 Samsung Galaxy J7 to pack two back camera sensors
ZTE’s new phone modelled ZTE V0840 appears in certification & bechmark website
- Nokia end updates for Symbian and Meego apps
- Meizu sends out invites with the Nokia E71 for possible Max unveiling
- Nokia planning the launch of two high end in 2016 fourth quarter, reports suggest
- Rumored Nokia C1 Now Trending
- Nokia officially joins the bendgate troll band with classic Nokia 3310 teaser