One-year-old Micromax Unite 2 has gotten Android 5.0 Lollipop
In Asia, Micromax is distributing the latest major version of Google’s mobile phone platform to its Unite 2 smartphone which was launched in May 2014.
Users will be able to upgrade their Micromax Unite 2 devices to Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system starting from Tuesday, thanks to the company’s commitment in keeping its smartphones updated — at least the very important ones.
The process of the update will be initiated via OTA so users are asked to enable “Automatic Updates” on their devices to know when the firmware is available for download. While installation is going on, it is wise to keep your smartphone’s battery fully charged or plugged to a charger.
The Micromax Unite 2 has sold 1.5 million units since its launch last year and the handset is selling averagely at 3 copies per minute as an official statement puts it.
In terms of specs, the device houses a 4.7-inch WVGA touchscreen, 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6582 processor, 1GB of RAM, 5-megapixel camera and a 2100mAh removable Li-Ion cell to power the unit.
You may also like
Lenovo releases Marshmallow update calendar for its smartphones
Huawei India launches the 5.5-inch G7 Plus with 13MP camera and fingerprint scanner
OnePlus X up for sale via Amazon in India
Intex Aqua Q7 with 3G support goes official sporting a 4.5″ FWVGA screen
Moto G Turbo unvieled in Mexico, to be available November 13
- One-year-old Micromax Unite 2 has gotten Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Xiaomi Mi A1’s Global Roll Out Begins
- New reports claims that Samsung had to field up to 26 false claims of Note 7 explosions
- Here’s when Samsung Galaxy Note 5 will be launched
- Upcoming Huawei flagship, the Mate 9, shows up in new renders
- OnePlus One headed for India as company sets sights on the gaint Asian economy