Samsung becomes top smartphone seller once again
After sales numbers of Samsung’s Galaxy S6 flagship started dripping in, it became clear to Apple and everyone that the market leader was on way to recovery. Latest figures from Strategy Analytics released on Monday confirmed this.
However, even though Samsung was able to capture 24 percent of the smartphone market with 83.2 million shipped, this was overshadowed by the 31 percent dominated by the Korean company during the same time last year but it was enough to supersede Apple who had 18 percent during the quarter.
Stiff competition from the likes of Xiaomi and Micromax in Asia was key to Samsung’s lost chunk of market share. Chinese and Indian phone companies were able to give to give Samsung and Apple a run for their money with cheap Android smartphones.
Invest in Demicoin ICO now - $0.25 current price
You may also like
- Samsung becomes top smartphone seller once again
- Samsung becomes top phone seller across all continents
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2 becomes official with fingerprint scanner, other specs
- Samsung Galaxy A(2017) family becomes available for purchase from Indonesia
- Nomu S10 Pro becomes best waterproof phone in the electronic industry