Samsung is still the top seller of mobile phones by massive margin
The numbers from IDC are in, word is that Samsung is still the undisputed king of phones and smartphones.
On phones, Samsung shipped 108 million, 900 and some fraction thousand phones (24% market share) during the first Quarter of 2014, and that justifies the claim of selling one million phones everyday that executive, JK Shin, made.
Nokia held on to the second place with 50.5 million phones shipped while Apple followed closely at 43.7 million. LG and Huawei were fourth and fifth with 16 and 14.6 million shipments respectively.
Speaking on smartphones, Samsung turned a beast as they improved by a whooping 22.0% from the Q1 of last year to get 30.2% of the market share which is about 85 million smartphones.
Lenovo and Huawei were the biggest winners with 63.3% and 19.4% year-on-year improvement even though they came behind Apple who came second with 15.5% of the market share after gaining 16.8% YOY change.
Invest in Demicoin ICO now - $0.25 current price
You may also like
LEAGOO T5c Global Reservation: $1.99 Crazy Deal!
LEAGOO S8 Pro Presale – 5.99 inch Full Screen, P25, 6GB RAM, only $249.99 now!
Save 50% to Snap LEAGOO S8 and LEAGOO S8 Pro During Global Pre-sale
China-bound version of 2017 Samsung Galaxy J7 to pack two back camera sensors
ZTE’s new phone modelled ZTE V0840 appears in certification & bechmark website
- Reports indicate that Samsung is in a deal with Apple regarding OLED screen panels
- Experts predict that Samsung is likely to initiate another recall for the Galaxy Note 7
- Reports confirm that Samsung is planning a Galaxy A9(2017)
- Samsung is currently working on another refresh of the Galaxy A5
- Reports indicate that Samsung is in the works over a Galaxy J7 Prime