Samsung rolls out security patches to the Galaxy J7 (2016) and Galaxy J5 (2016)
The latest Samsung devices to get updates from the manufacturer are the 2016 refreshes of both the Galaxy J5 and Galaxy J7 devices and with these updates being rolled out in the European region, they come with the android security patch for the month of October and September differently.
While we have already started to see it on a couple of other devices in the announced region, it is good to know that this being an OTA update means that not everyone can get it at the same time and you would need to have some patience before the notification starts popping up on you screen.
While we expect this to carry bug fixes and as well, performance related updates also, you could head over to Settings and manually request an update for yourself.
You may also like
HMD Global confirms VoLTE support for Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 units
Google Play services turns 5 today!
Huawei P10 series show up in Netherlands under a number of carriers
ZTE Blade V8 goes on for sale in China, but there is a beautiful twist
Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus have been confirmed for Germany, but you cant have it yet
- Samsung rolls out the February security patch to the Galaxy S7 flagships
- Samsung rolls out security patch to Galaxy A5 and Galaxy A7 (2017) units
- Samsung rolls out December security patch to the Galaxy A5 (2016)
- Samsung rolls out another Nougat beta to the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- Samsung rolls out security patches to the Galaxy J7 (2016) and Galaxy J5 (2016)