Samsung Sold 3 Million Tizen Handsets in 2015
For those who do not know, Tizen is Samsung’s self developed operating system, while the popular Android is obviously from Google’s open source podium. Many people believe that Samsung will use use its homegrown operating system Tizen and soon to replace Android in future.
The company’s idea seems to require Samsung an overall development of its OS, but Android OS will always dominate mobile platforms when it comes to its popularity. Not with Samsungs plan, this will now depend on what type of report it can offer to the market that will trigger them to switch between platforms.
Android has 80 percent of global market and iOS getting up the remaining 20 percent. And when we talk about Samsung’s overall sales, Tizen almost non-existent in the market, this was according to a report from a Strategy Analytics, even though Samsung sold around 81.3 million handsets during its fourth quarter last year and 320 million phones total phones at the end of 2015. Computing the fourth quarter, only represent 1.1 percent of the overall sales of Samsung, and 0.9 percent when it is on added in the entire year.
You may also like
- Samsung Sold 3 Million Tizen Handsets in 2015
- Samsung sold 10k Gear S smartwatches in Korea on day one
- Coral Blue Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge made available in the UK, sold by Vodafone now
- Samsung Gear S2 preorders: first batch of 1,000 units sold out in 2 hours
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Iron Man Limited Edition sold for $91,635 – simply insane!