Samsung and UnionPay team up to unleash Apple Pay killer in China
Samsung has emerged as the latest company that has embraced NFC-based payments. The South Korean phone manufacturer has sided with a well-known card issuer in the East known as UnionPay to provide Chinese users access to instant payments via the NFC modules on their Samsung smartphones.
Though details are still developing, it was mentioned that Samsung is expected to spread the service to other parts of the world even before Apple launches it’s much hyped Apple Pay that uses similar NFC technology.
“We’ll cooperate more with UnionPay, not just for NFC payment, but all financial services that use a mobile device,”S Samsung said. It’s estimated that over 3.6 million Samsung Galaxy smartphones are active in China.
Invest in Demicoin ICO now - $0.25 current price
You may also like
LEAGOO T5c Global Reservation: $1.99 Crazy Deal!
LEAGOO S8 Pro Presale – 5.99 inch Full Screen, P25, 6GB RAM, only $249.99 now!
Save 50% to Snap LEAGOO S8 and LEAGOO S8 Pro During Global Pre-sale
China-bound version of 2017 Samsung Galaxy J7 to pack two back camera sensors
ZTE’s new phone modelled ZTE V0840 appears in certification & bechmark website
- OLED iPhone sparks Competition Between LG, Samsung And Other Giant Mobile Brands
- Samsung and Oppo slammed with lawsuit over pre-loaded apps
- Samsung and BB set to partner on new handset
- Samsung and AT&T caters to your rugged lifestyle with the Galaxy S6 Active
- Nokia improves in India but Samsung and Micromax still lead