Smartphones represent 55% of mobile phones in Quarter 3
The numbers are in, the charts have been set up and the winners have already been crowned.
According to Gartner, smartphones occupied 55% of mobile phones shipped in 2013 Quarter 3, with Samsung, Apple, Lenovo, LG, Huawei and ‘others’ taking up 32.1%, 12.1%, 5.1%, 4.8% and 41.1% of smartphones respectively. Each vendor listed above including ‘others’ (see what we did there?) added a few points to their market share except Apple who lost 2.2% from last year’s Quarter 3 14.3%.
Gartner echoed a previous statistics report (from another analyst) that said Android now has over 81% market share.
iOS, Microsoft, Blackberry, Bada, Symbian and other mobile operating systems scampered for the remaining 18.1%
Invest BTC and get 30%
Get free IDH TOKENS when you register now
You may also like
Infinix Challenger, LEAGOO, Enters Nigeria on Jumia
LEAGOO T5c Global Reservation: $1.99 Crazy Deal!
LEAGOO S8 Pro Presale – 5.99 inch Full Screen, P25, 6GB RAM, only $249.99 now!
Save 50% to Snap LEAGOO S8 and LEAGOO S8 Pro During Global Pre-sale
China-bound version of 2017 Samsung Galaxy J7 to pack two back camera sensors
- Smartphones represent 55% of mobile phones in Quarter 3
- Amazon holds amazing deal sales across various smartphones
- Android One smartphones to undergo Lollipop makeover next month
- Singles’ Day sales: Xiaomi claims selling 720,000 smartphones in 12 hours
- China’s THL tries to penetrate Czech Repblic with low-cost smartphones