Sony pushes update to three more smartphones as promised
It’s September and Sony is making good on it’s plan to release updates to some of its smartphones.
Included on the list of smartphones getting the update is the Sony Xperia XA1, Xperia XA1 Ultra and the mid-range L1 smartphones.
Recall that the tech company had earlier promised to released updates for some of its smartohones in September and coming after 18 days in the month, the tech company officially began pushing the updates to some of its devices.
The new software version of the smartphones however appears to not come bringing in new features asides the usual big fixes and the security patch update.
The update brings the devices to a security patch update which 43wds August 5, 2017.
The build numbers for the update release include 40.0.A.6.135 for the Xperia XA1, 42.0.A.4.101 for the XA1 Ultra, and 43.0.A.5.79 for the Xperia L1.
All smartphones remains running on the Android 7.0 Nougat despite the update and it is not sure whether they will be getting the Android 7.1 Nougat OS any time soon or ever.
You may also like
- Sony pushes update to three more smartphones as promised
- Sony pushes out security updates to Xperia XA Ultra and Xperia C5 Ultra units
- Spice Stellar Horizon Pro Mi-505
- Samsung K Zoom (Galaxy S5 Zoom) hits AnTuTu Benchmark with full specs
- Oukitel A28: A $50 smartwatch with support for Android and iOS
- No more leaky mobile news as @evleaks folds
- 5 Cheap Smartphones with high-end specs to buy in October