Sony releases new software update to the Xperia X, brings VoLTE support, among other things
Sony has dedicated these past few couple of days to releasing a series of updates to users and now again, they are rolling out a new one which is basically a Concept for Android firmware that has been based on the latest Android operating system – the Nougat 7.0. This latest update has been scheduled to hit the Xperia X units worldwide and if you are getting it, you would see it come with a build number of 38.1.A.0.367. Asides that tis update would bring the android concept to the device, it also packs with it support for VoLTE.
Currently, the only carriers that are supported on this technology are the German carriers Telekom, Vodafone and Telefonica/O2 but as time goes on, we expect this list to be improved upon. If you are expecting yours too, the update timeline has suggested that the next set of people to get it are the users in the UK and Spain which should also mean VoLTE support for similar devices in these regions.
Asides the support for VoLTE, the November security patch has also been nestled somewhere in there as well as fixes for certain bugs such as camera crashes and other routine maintenance changes.
You may also like
HMD Global confirms VoLTE support for Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 units
Google Play services turns 5 today!
Huawei P10 series show up in Netherlands under a number of carriers
ZTE Blade V8 goes on for sale in China, but there is a beautiful twist
Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus have been confirmed for Germany, but you cant have it yet
- Sony releases pricing information for devices launched at MWC
- Sony releases new software update to the Xperia X, brings VoLTE support, among other things
- Sony releases the Android November patch to the Xperia Z3+, Z4 and Z5
- Sony releases Xperia X Compact and Xperia XZ pricing and availability information for US markets
- Two unnamed Sony Xperia devices leak in Russia, likely to be first releases in 2017