Sony Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact receives Android 5.0 Lollipop
Sony’s current flagship smartphones are currently getting a treatment of Google’s latest mobile software. The Sony Xperia Z3 and its smaller sibling Xperia Z3 Compact are being updated to Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system — straight from Android 4.4 KitKat upon which the handsets were released with.
In case you are wondering when the update will land on older Xperia devices, Sony has promised to upgrade all members of the Xperia Z family to Lollipop and this list includes the Sony Xperia Z, Z1, Z2 and Z2 Compact, not forgetting the Z2 Tablet and others.
The Sony Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact were both launched September in 2014.
Some goodies coming alongside the update:
- Fresh, streamlined looks – based on Google’s material design, but retaining our minimalistic approach to interface and application design
- New look notifications and lock screen – with fully customizable settings, so you only get the information you really need
- Multi user profiles and guest mode – making it easy for family and friends to use your device, or the creation of dual environments for work and play…
- Android for Work – not only are business-ready Xperia smartphones and tablets unique devices for work – with waterproof form factors, great battery life and productivity features – they will now also be part of the Android for Work ecosystem
- Better storage control and customisation – with the option to easily move applications from internal memory to SD card – giving you more control over your content, particularly useful for devices with slightly less space
You may also like
Lenovo releases Marshmallow update calendar for its smartphones
Huawei India launches the 5.5-inch G7 Plus with 13MP camera and fingerprint scanner
OnePlus X up for sale via Amazon in India
Intex Aqua Q7 with 3G support goes official sporting a 4.5″ FWVGA screen
Moto G Turbo unvieled in Mexico, to be available November 13