Sony’s Dual-lens camera Tech Launching Next Year
Apple’s major image sensor supplier Sony now expecting its dual lens camera technology set to be launch by its “major smartphone players” within next year, this was according to comments by company’s CFO.
“Well, for next year, our so-called dual-lens — dual-camera platform will be launched by, we believe, from major smartphone players,” Kenichiro Yoshida says during Sony’s recent results call.
Yoshida warned that high-end smartphone market now “slowing down,” and could impact the demand and production by the smartphone makers.
“So, we believe the real start, the takeoff of smartphone with dual-lens camera will be in the year of 2017,” he noted.
Apple believed working on dual-lens camera based on Sony technology, this could be on “iPhone 7 Plus”, or some versions of it in the future. The second lens might be used for optical zoom functions, overcoming one main limitations of what most smartphone device camera has.
Yoshida’s statements also suggest that Apple could hold a dual lens system back for “iPhone 7s,” although there are market constraints less likely to affect company given the popularity and profitability of its devices.
Invest BTC and get 30%
Get free IDH TOKENS when you register now
You may also like
- Sony’s Dual-lens camera Tech Launching Next Year
- Another Huawei Mate 10 purportedly spotted online
- @evleaks outs Nokia Lumia 1520 phablet with 6″ display
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 leaks in new images, positioned to be Galaxy Note 7’s contender
- T-Mobile Makes The Revvl Smartphone Official
- SmartFren Andromax U 4.5 Limited Edition