UAE welcomes Indian smartphone maker, Xolo
The smartphone industry in United Arab Emirates today received a new member and that’s Xolo, the Indian smartphone company which is a subsidy of Lava Mobiles.
To spice things up, Xolo launched smartphones in the country immediately. One was the company’s flagship Xolo Play 8X-1100 and the entry-level Xolo A550s IPS and both phones are now available in the UAE at Dh399 and Dh1,099 respectively.
“We will be showcasing the Xolo line-up of products at Gitex Shopper this year,” Ajay Pathak, an executive at Jumbo Electronics, whom Xolo partnered to sell cell phones in the Middle East country said.
Lava Mobiles says it’s gunning to become a $1bn company by the end of 2015. The other Xolo phones launched in the UAE were the Hive UI-powered Xolo 8X-1000 (Dh899), Play 6X-1000 (Dh999), Q700S Plus (Dh499), and the Xolo A700s (Dh449).
You may also like
Lenovo releases Marshmallow update calendar for its smartphones
Huawei India launches the 5.5-inch G7 Plus with 13MP camera and fingerprint scanner
OnePlus X up for sale via Amazon in India
Intex Aqua Q7 with 3G support goes official sporting a 4.5″ FWVGA screen
Moto G Turbo unvieled in Mexico, to be available November 13
- UAE welcomes Indian smartphone maker, Xolo
- Sony now sells SIM-free Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact in the USA
- Microsoft tackles Apple again, makes Windows vs iPad tablet commercial
- Test shows the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus have poor batteries compared to other top flagships
- Kazam, a new phone maker has been launched by two former HTC executives
- Unlocked Apple iPhone 5s gets a $649 starting price in the US