UK Samsung Galaxy S5 gets Android 5.0 Lollipop
And finally, users of the Samsung Galaxy S5 can now upgrade their smartphones to Google’s latest piece of mobile software platform, Android 5.0 Lollipop. The update Android 5.0.2 (LRX22G) has been available in some countries including South Korean, Spain and Poland.
The update brings about a redesigned UI, faster operation, better battery life and a couple of tricks here and there. Samsung is yet expected to release minor follow-up bug fixes for the Lollipop build shortly.
Meanwhile, Samsung is planning to refresh the Galaxy S flagship line up with a latest model called Samsung Galaxy S6. The upcoming flagship model is reportedly built from scratch (Project Zero) so is void of the company’ s regular Galaxy design which has been criticized for being “plastic” and “boring”.
You may also like
- UK Samsung Galaxy S5 gets Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 leaks in UK website before MWC announcement, reveals pricing and availability information
- Coral Blue Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge made available in the UK, sold by Vodafone now
- Third party retailer starts accepting Samsung Galaxy Note 7 preorders in the UK
- Launch of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 delayed in Ukraine due to high demand elsewhere