UMI X2S, world’s first “real” octa-core handset unveiled
UMI has unveiled X2S, the first phone with an octa-core processor where all eight cores can actually work simultaneously.
The processor in question is the newly announced MediaTek MT6592, no phone has used the processor before, so the UMI X2S becomes the first phone to use the first real octa-core CPU.
Now, back to the phone. The UMI X2S was unveiled at the Hong Kong Electronics Fair 2013 Autumn Edition. Looking like a rip-off of Samsung’s Galaxy S4, the UMI X2S features 5 inches of display at 1080 x 1920 resolution. The 1.5GHz octa-core Mediatek MT6592 processor is the phone’s selling point.
The X2S also packs 2GB RAM, 32GB expandable internal storage, 13MP camera, supports NFC connectivity and runs an unspecified version of Android 4.
Pricing for the UMI X2S was not mentioned but we are not expecting to see more than $327 price for a Chinese-made clone of the Samsung Galaxy S4.
Invest BTC and get 30%
Get free IDH TOKENS when you register now
You may also like
Infinix Challenger, LEAGOO, Enters Nigeria on Jumia
LEAGOO T5c Global Reservation: $1.99 Crazy Deal!
LEAGOO S8 Pro Presale – 5.99 inch Full Screen, P25, 6GB RAM, only $249.99 now!
Save 50% to Snap LEAGOO S8 and LEAGOO S8 Pro During Global Pre-sale
China-bound version of 2017 Samsung Galaxy J7 to pack two back camera sensors
- UMI X2S, world’s first “real” octa-core handset unveiled
- 5.5″ screen-touting Xiaomi Red Rice 2 coming in December?
- How To Downgrade From iOS 11 Beta To iOS 10
- THL T5000T arrives with longer battery life, lighter specs
- United States: Apple’s iOS overthrows Google Android for the first time in years
- Rumors of Meizu Mx5 emerge, details 5.5″ Quad HD touchscreen
- The Apple iPhone 6 will be available in 69 countries by the end of this month