Upcoming Samsung Galaxy S6 to feature touch-based fingerprint sensor
When Apple launched iPhone 5S, one of the killer features on the device was the TouchID input which allowed users to unlock codes, make payments and approve command using their fingerprints. Shortly after the phone was launched in September 2013, Samsung equally unveiled its Galaxy S5 with a fingerprint sensor which is used by swiping the finger across the sensor hardware.
Now, according to an exclusive story carried by Sammobile, the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S6 will feature a fingerprint sensor which uses touch instead of the swipe-based system on its predecessor. This is reportedly following a torrent of complaints by users of the Galaxy S5 over the inaccuracy of the swipe fingerprint system. Users were said to have complained that the sensor rejects their fingerprint some of the time but thanks to the hardware update, the next Samsung flagship won’t allow users experience such difficulties.
Here’s a list of features the fingerprint sensor on the Samsung Galaxy S6 will bear:
- Fingerprint Unlock: Verifies the user’s identity and unlocks the device.
- Web sign-in: Allows users to sign into websites using fingerprints.
- Verify Samsung Account: Verifies the user’s identity when purchasing content in Samsung services.
- Private Mode: It’s not specifically a fingerprint-exclusive feature, but allows user to choose fingerprint as an unlock method.
- Pay with PayPal: Allows users to make quick and secure payments via their PayPal account using their registered fingerprints.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 is said to be coming with a 5.5-inch Quad HD screen, 3GB of RAM, a 20-megapixel camera, 5MP front-facing snapper and Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection for its screen. Insiders who spoke to us believ Samsung is also going to produce an “Edge” version of the phone with a curved screen just like the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Edge.
Invest BTC and get 30%
Get free IDH TOKENS when you register now
You may also like
- Upcoming Samsung Galaxy C7 Spotted On Benchmarking Website, Possible Specs Revealed
- Upcoming Samsung clamshell device gets certified by the FCC, to sell in the US
- The upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to get Nougat bump within 2-3 months
- Juicy specs for upcoming Samsung Galaxy A8 (2016) outed
- Monstrous Battery for Upcoming Samsung’s Galaxy S7 Edge