Xiaomi sells 100,000 3G Red Rice phones in 4 minutes, WCDMA coming to Mi3 this December
Remember when Xiaomi sold 100,000 Red Rice phones in the first 86 seconds of release? The company went back home and made a WCDMA/3G-compatible version of the CDMA-made phone and nearly damaged the charts again by selling 100,000 units of the 3G phone in it’s first four minutes.
Packing a 4.7-inch 720p display, a 1.5GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589T chipset, 1GB of RAM and 8MP camera, very few could say no to this $130-priced gem.
Meanwhile, elsewhere in another corner of Xiaomi’s workplace, another phone, Xiaomi’s flagship MI-3 will become available with WCDMA support this December. The 5.0″ 1080p smartphone is currently pegged at $327 despite packing a 13MP snapper, 2.3GHz quad-core Krait 400 CPU, Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 800 chipset, Adreno 330 and 1GB RAM.
Availability of the more common WCDMA 3G on the Xiaomi MI-3 will see it traveling places, and maybe, racking up goosebumping sales numbers like the Red Rice.
You may also like
LEAGOO T5c Global Reservation: $1.99 Crazy Deal!
LEAGOO S8 Pro Presale – 5.99 inch Full Screen, P25, 6GB RAM, only $249.99 now!
Save 50% to Snap LEAGOO S8 and LEAGOO S8 Pro During Global Pre-sale
China-bound version of 2017 Samsung Galaxy J7 to pack two back camera sensors
ZTE’s new phone modelled ZTE V0840 appears in certification & bechmark website
- Xiaomi sells more than 1million units of phones in 48 hours
- Xiaomi sells a record 500,000 Redmi devices in India in just 72 hours
- Xiaomi sells 40,000 Redmi 1s on Flipkart in less than 5 seconds, literally
- Xiaomi sells 10,000 Redmi Note smartphones…in one…second!
- Xiaomi sells 100,000 3G Red Rice phones in 4 minutes, WCDMA coming to Mi3 this December